My son Taylor asked me for this recipe for chicken, it originally came from a cooking magazine. This is an easy way to prepare chicken with a small salad. My husband, Scott also likes the chicken and the salad dressing because he ate all his salad.
4 skinless boneless chicken breasts, placed in a bag and pounded until flat
1 & 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons dijon mustard
1 & 1/4 cup fresh bread crumbs
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1 large head of escarole, washed, dried and torn into small pieces
1 tablespoon fresh tarragon leaves
1 small shallot, minced
1 tablespoon walnut oil
1 tablespoon creme fraiche
2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
1/3 cup whole walnuts
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Place the chicken in a pyrex dish and coat with olive oil and mustard. Let sit for 30 minutes at room temperature.
2. In a small bowl whisk together shallots, walnut oil, creme fraiche, vinegar, salt and pepper to taste. Set aside while cooking the chicken.
3. On a large plate mix together bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper to taste. Dredge chicken in the bread crumb mixture and set aside on a new plate.
4. Preheat a large nonstick grill pan and generously coat it with olive oil. Transfer chicken to the hot grill pan and cook 4 minutes on each side until cooked through. Cover cooked chicken loosely with foil to keep warm while cooking remaining chicken.
5. In a large bowl toss together the escarole with the dressing and serve with the chicken.
Serves 4 generously.